That’s right! Make $300 just for opening a checking account with Chase.
This is the highest cashback offer I’ve seen from any bank for opening a checking account.
Making the $300 is relatively easy and requires maybe about an hour of your time.
I’m not going to go too much into explaining Chase Bank as they are pretty well know but if you were already looking into opening a checking account this is an easy way to make some extra ca$h.
If you don’t really need another checking account right now I will tell you how I have personally used this offer multiple times to save up money fast and easy.
What could you do with an extra $300?
That’s about a weeks pay of minimum wage after tax.
Off the top of my head here are some things that come to mind (Some more responsible than others):
- Pay bills
- Buy groceries for a month
- Weekend getaway
- New TV
- Partially fund your Roth IRA for the month
- Save it!
I have personally done this offer three time since 2015—about once every year.
I would personally save the money and have a nice chunk of change set aside for any unexpected expense.
So in order to get the bonus you need a coupon invitation for the offer.
These invitations are targeted and I’m not really sure what the qualifications are to receive it. Fortunately Chase will honor the offer to anybody who has a coupon and luckily for us, there are literally hundreds of them for sale on ebay for less than $2.
There seems to be two types of coupons:
- The kind where the seller can just email you a PDF of the coupon, you print it and take it to the branch.
- The other, you actually have to wait for the coupon to arrive by mail and then go to the branch.
I have tried both and they seem to work equally. Whenever I’ve purchased the coupons I usually just make sure that the seller has excellent feedback.
***Since there are several Chase coupons for sale on ebay make sure to search for “Chase Total Checking account $300 coupon” to narrow the results. DO NOT get the Chase Premier Checking account*** I will explain why below.
Ok, so there are some requirements in order for this be completely work and free.
First and foremost, you need open the account with $25 minimum and set up DIRECT DEPOSIT in order to get the $300.
It also has to be a new account. Their fine prints states that “Checking offer is not available to existing Chase checking customers, those with fiduciary accounts, or those whose accounts have been closed within 90 days or closed with a negative balance.”
Once your account receives the first direct deposit, You will usually get the $300 within 10 business days.
That is the only requirement to receive the bonus.
Unfortunately, this checking account does have a service fee of $12 per month.
Luckily for us, you have 3 options to waive that fee and make the checking account free.
These are your 3 options to waive the monthly fee, you only need to do one:
- Have monthly direct deposits totaling $500 or more made to this account
- Keep a minimum daily balance of $1,500 or more in your checking account—***Remember I said don’t get the Premier account? That because it requires a daily balance of $15,000!
- Keep an average daily balance of $5,000 or more in any combination of qualifying Chase checking, savings and other balances.
Quick and worry free savings
Every time I have done this offer, I do it with the purpose of just easily saving some extra cash.
This is exactly how my process looked like:
- Buy coupon from eBay
- Go to Chase branch and open an account with the minimum $25 due at opening
- Set up weekly $125 direct deposit at work to the new Chase account—The rest of my paycheck goes into my regular Bofa checking account.
- $125 x week=$500/month of direct deposit. Enough to meet the requirements to waive the $12/service fee
- Cancel $125 direct deposit after 3 months. At this point the account should have about $1,825, enough to meet the minimum daily available balance of $1,500 and thus waiving the $12/service fee.
3 months of direct deposit @ $500 each =$1,500 + $300 signup bonus + $25 opening amount= $1,825.
I’ll usually leave that money there for a couple of months and then later withdraw it/close the account and start my 90 day period so that I can qualify for the offer again next year.
Its a very easy way to painlessly save over $1,800 in 3 months.
So there it is. How to get paid $300 just for opening a checking account. It sounds like a lot of processes or steps but its actually pretty straight forward.
Have you heard of any other good sign up bonuses for other accounts? Let us know in the tickets.